Vacant position - DSP Engineer
Digital Signal Processing (DSP) / Communications Systems Engineer
NSE is a leading company in development of high temperature electronics for downhole Oil & Gas and industrial applications. NSE provide end-to-end solutions, including circuit design, layout, firmware, software, assembly and testing.
The complete product portfolio is designed to operate in 177 degree Celsius (350 Fahrenheit), and includes DCDC Converters, Brushless DC Motor Controllers, Processor Boards and a fully transparent Telemetry System.
We are a team of highly passionate engineers who focus on designing the best and most reliable electronics for our customers. NSE is delivering to projects worldwide, and has a customer base with the highest quality demands and challenging requirements.
The candidate will join the team responsible for development and support of the NSE class leading telemetry systems for downhole application in the Oil & Gas industry. This includes development, testing and implementation of algorithms related to telemetry signal processing, modeling of systems in Matlab, implementing improvements and new features in the code, and testing of systems in real world scenarios.
The candidate is expected to quickly learn and adapt to existing firmware and signal processing code. Our new team member must be able to work independently as well as a in a team and to develop innovative solutions to challenging technical problems. Ability to work on multiple projects is required.
The position involves a certain amount of travelling in Norway and abroad, to participate in testing at customer locations.
- Develop advanced modulation and adaptive algorithms for NSE wireline telemetry systems.
- Improve fault coding and noise redundancy.
- Work closely with customers on integration testing and verification of our systems.
- Assist in telemetry hardware design (analog and digital).
- Perform a certain amount of manufacturing testing of telemetry systems.
- Assist in developing automated test systems and system verification platforms.
- Assist in faultfinding and repair of field returns.
- Participate in other projects, including motor controller designs and processor boards.
- MSc. degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or related discipline.
- At least 3 years of experience working on digital signal processing and communication systems.
- Experience in DSP processor code work, Matlab and embedded C for microcontroller.
- Filter and analog amplifier hardware design experience will be considered positive.
- Ability to work within a highly integrated development team.
- Willingness to accept and tackle new challenges.
- Willing and able to travel if needed.
- Possess a diversified technical background with the confidence to challenge accepted norms.
If you are the right person for this job, or you think you know the person we are looking for, please contact us as soon as possible:
- Richard Fyhn, CTO, email@example.com, +47 92480665
- Geir Lasse Kaldestad, CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org, +47 97187818